Fig Pear Strudels
Fig Pear Strudels
Recipe Type: Emeril Pressure Air Fryer
- 2 medium pears, peeled and chopped
- 0.25 cup pear nectar
- 2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 0.5 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 0.125 teaspoon ground allspice
- 0 Dash salt
- 1.5 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1.5 teaspoon water
- 0.5 cup chopped dried figs
- 0.5 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 0.5 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 16 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed (14x9 in. sheet size)
- 1 cup finely chopped black walnuts
- 2 tablespoon coarse sugar
1. Combine pears, pear nectar, brown sugar, 11/2 tsp. butter, lemon zest, allspice and salt in inner pot. Lock pressure lid. Press pressure function; select custom setting. Press timer; set to 1 minute. Start.
2. Quick-release pressure. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pear mixture. Press saute function; select vegetables setting. Start. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
Press cancel; stir in figs. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, cream and vanilla; set aside. Place 1 sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; melt 7 Tbsp. remaining butter. Brush phyllo with melted butter. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Repeat with 2 more sheets of phyllo, brushing each layer with butter. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup walnuts. Repeat. Top with 2 sheets of phyllo, brushing each layer with butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo, melted butter and walnuts. Cut each phyllo stack in half lengthwise.
4. Dollop cheese mixture by teaspoonfuls over phyllo to within 1/4 in. of edges. Spread pear mixture over half of cheese mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the short side spread with pear mixture. Wipe inner
5. Place tall wire rack into inner pot. Arrange 2 strudels seam side down on greased rack. Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter. Using a sharp knife, cut slits in top. Brush with butter and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cover with air frying lid. Press air fry function; select custom setting. Press timer; set to 6 minutes. Start. Cook until golden brown. Repeat with remaining 2 strudels. Cool to room temperature. Cut into slices.