Slow Cooked Lasagna
Slow Cooked Lasagna
Recipe Type: Emeril Power AirFryer 360
- 0.333333 pound ground beef
- 0.333333 pound ground veal
- 0.333333 pound ground pork
- 0.5 cup chopped celery
- 0.5 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup Beef broth
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1.5 teaspoon sugar
- 1 15 oz container ricotta
- 1 Egg
- 9 dried lasagna noodles
- 0.75 pound grated mozzarella
- 0.5 pound sliced provolone
- 0.5 pound fresh mozzarella
- 0.333333 cup Finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. Place a 12–14-in. skillet on the stove top and heat the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef, veal, and pork and cook while stirring as needed until browned (about 8 mins.).
2. Add the celery, onion, and garlic and cook for 2 mins.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, oregano, basil, thyme, and sugar and simmer for 5 mins. Then, remove the skillet from the heat and set aside to cool. The meat sauce can be made up to several days in advance (it freezes well too).
4. Combine the ricotta and the egg in a medium-size bowl. Then, stir in ½ cup of the cooled meat sauce.
5. Add ½ cup of the meat sauce to a 4 1/2-qt. Dutch oven. Top the sauce with 3 lasagna noodles, side by side. Place 6 heaping tbsp. of the ricotta mixture on the noodles and spread evenly. Top the noodles with one third of the grated mozzarella, one third of the provolone, and one third of the fresh mozzarella. Top with 2 cups of the meat sauce. Make two more layers without adding a layer of cheese to the final set of layers.
6. Slide the Pizza Rack into Shelf Position 6. Place the Dutch oven on the Pizza Rack. Select the Slow Cook setting (225° F/107° C). Set the cooking time to 4 hrs. Press the Start Button to begin the cooking cycle. Cover the Dutch oven.