Chuck Wagon Chili
Chuck Wagon Chili
Recipe Type: Emeril Power AirFryer 360
- 0.25 cup Chili powder
- 2 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 0.75 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 Bay leaves
- 2 teaspoon light or dark brown sugar
- 4 pound boneless beef chuck
- 1 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 2.5 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 3 medium size onions
- 1.5 cup chopped celery
- 2 jalepeños
- 12 ounce dark Mexican beer
- 2 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoon masa harina
- 0.5 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 0.5 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 0 grated cheddar
- 0 chopped scallions
- 0 sour cream
1. Combine the chili powder, cumin seeds, ground cayenne pepper, cinnamon, oregano, bay leaves, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Reserve the spice mixture.
2. Add the beef to a medium-size bowl and season with the black pepper and 1 tbsp. salt.
3. Place a 12-in. skillet on the stove top. Heat 2 tbsp. vegetable oil over high heat. Then, add enough beef to fill the pan and cook until nicely browned on one side (about 2 mins.). Turn the pieces over and cook for another 2 mins.
4. Transfer the browned beef to the crock of a 4 1/2-qt. Dutch Oven. Add the onions, celery, and 1 tbsp. salt to the skillet and cook while stirring until the vegetables begin to soften (about 2 mins.).
5. Add the garlic, jalapeños, and spice mixture and cook for 1 min. Then, pour in the beer, tomato paste, and crushed tomatoes and simmer for 3 mins.
6. Stir in the chocolate, masa harina, and the rest of the salt and cook for 1 min. Transfer this mixture to the Dutch Oven and cover.
7. Slide the Pizza Rack into Shelf Position 6. Place the Dutch Oven on the Pizza Rack. Select the Slow Cook setting (4-hr. cook time). Set the cooking temperature to 275° F/135° C. Press the Start Button to begin the cooking cycle.