Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Pot Pie
Recipe Type: Emeril Power AirFryer 360
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1.5 cup button mushrooms
- 1.5 cup chopped onions
- 1.5 cup chopped carrots
- 0.75 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoon flour
- 2 pound boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cup Chicken broth
- 0.5 cup frozen green peas
- 4.5 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 Egg
1. Place a 3-qt. pot on the stove top. Melt the butter over medium heat. Then, sauté the mushrooms, onions, carrots, celery, and garlic (about 3 mins.).
2. Add the salt, black pepper, and 6 tbsp. flour and cook while stirring for about 2 mins.
3. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 mins.
4. Add the broth, stir, and simmer for about 20 mins. Then, remove from the heat and add the peas and parsley.
5. Dust a work surface with flour and roll out the puff pastry over the flour. Invert a 9 x 9 3-qt. casserole dish over the puff pastry and use a small knife to cut around the casserole dish 1 in. wider than the casserole dish.
6. Fill the casserole dish with the filling. Place the puff pastry on top of the casserole dish loosely. Cut a small hole in the center of the pastry for a vent hole.
7. Whisk the egg together with 1 tbsp. water in a small bowl to make egg wash. Paint the puff pastry with the egg wash.
8. Slide the Pizza Rack into Shelf Position 5. Place the casserole dish on the Pizza Rack. Select the Airfry setting (400° F/205° C). Set the cooking time to 20 mins. Press the Start Button to begin the cooking cycle. Cook until the puff pastry has puffed and is golden brown.
9. When the cooking time is complete, serve immediately.